Sunday, November 13, 2016

It's fall ya'll

Hello! Wow, time's sure flying by! We have made a couple trips to Cleveland for appointments. The kids all came with for one of the trips. We had some fun family time together. One request they had was to stop at Albanese (the gummy bear factory). It was a quick trip, but glad they were all able to go with and wonderful memories were made. 

I continue to have a few bumps along the way but they are just bumps in comparison to life before the transplant. They ordered a few tests and lowered some of my meds which I'm thankful for. We were just there for another appointment and hope to not have to come back for 3 months. Especially since we are going to be having some cold weather with white and icy stuff on the road. 

Tis the season for carmel apples, sweater wearing, leaf raking (not leaf burning though...it makes me sick), coffee, apple cider, and hot cocoa drinking, soup eating and chocolate chip pumpkin bread baking. The crisp air and driving around and looking at the trees changing. Wearing fuzzy socks around the house. Eating baked oatmeal and malt o meal for breakfast. Baking and maybe eating some pumpkin cookies with a carmel icing. Reflecting more than normal each day of Gods blessings. So much to be thankful for! Count your blessings name them one by one. 

 November 8, Shane and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary! God blessed me with a loving, caring, Godly husband. When we said our vows to each other 20 years ago we had no clue what we would be facing or lied ahead or that we would have 2 of our 3 children born with breathing problems and need to be taken to bigger hospitals and in neonatal intensive care. But looking at them now you would never know that they had health issues. God is good!! I never would have dreamed of Shane having 2 car detailing shops (1 in Princeton and the other in Peru). God is good! I took my health for granted not knowing that one day my stomach and my intestines would quit working and that I would need an intestinal transplant to survive. God is good! We have been through a lot together but during the good times and bad times God has carried us through together. There's no one else I would want walking through life's journey with but him. So glad to have him by my side through the thick and thin, ups and the downs and in betweens. I love him forever and always.

Thank you for all of your support to my family and me, whether it's been through prayer, love, or financially. Also thank you for the cards, text, and emails you have sent.  Some have asked for my email.  It's on the upper right, but I'll put it in this post also... j-pennington@live.com I give God the glory for all that He has done in our lives! So thankful to all of you for your continued support along life's journey.  Don't take one day for granted.  Enjoy the simple things in life.   

Love,
Jamie 






Matthew's new business 
The girls at Presti's  Bakery in "Little Italy"
Old Fashion Sunday 

A break from the Clinic in Cleveland 
Kailey turned 13!  How can that be? 









No comments: