Saturday, April 29, 2017

Catching up

Things have been a bit crazy and I've definitely fallen behind on updating my blog.  Sorry for the lack of updates.  I don't even know where to begin, but let's see if we can get it going...  I had the surgery on March 10, and all went pretty well besides a few hiccups. I had multiple kinks in the intestines that they had to fix and bring my intestines back up.  They also put in a chimney ileostomy again, like I had in the past.  Not sure if it's temporary or permanent. They will wait a year to decide, which is absolutely fine with me.  I need a break and left alone.   This was a lot bigger surgery than I was expecting and it took me back a few steps.  Thankful I am moving forward. I feel so blessed to have the prayers of family, friends, and even strangers.  God has brought me through and is so good to me.  My heart aches for those that I know who are struggling and worse off than myself.  I am so thankful I'm in my Makers hands and he knows what's best for me, even when I don't. I've met some wonderful people along my journey and can only pray that I can be an encouragement and blessing to them. 

We got in time to celebrate Kelsey's birthday.  Hard to believe that she turned 16 years old!   Wow!  She did get her drivers license also.  Watch out people, she's on the road!! Don't say I didn't warn ya. Ha! No, she's a good driver.  Still working on the interstate driving a lil, coming on and off the exits basically. She has become a beautiful young lady who loves the Lord and is a hard worker. I'm proud of her.  She just finished schooling for the year. 

Kailey and Matthew are doing well with their schooling. They are behind in Math for the year and trying to get that finished up.  Matthew is cleaning at a local office once a week and starting to mow yards.  That boy loves to mow and work outside. He enjoys helping Shane at the shop whenever he can also. Kailey is enjoying babysitting. She does that about 2 times a week. The kids are trying to save up their money to go to camp this July. They are excited about it. I'm so proud of them.  They are big helpers!  I love my kiddos so much!  God sure has blessed me!

Shane has moved his shop in Princeton to 611 North Plesant Street. It's behind Princeton Pharmacy. It's very nice inside.  He's doing a ribbon cutting May 8 with the city's Chamber of Commerce.  He's going to be serving hotdogs that day from noon till 5:00ish.  So stop on in and check it out! 

We just got back from Cleveland. It wasn't a planned trip.  Sunday, I went to the ER with abdominal pain, nausea, and incisional pain. The transplant Dr's wanted me there Monday am for scopes and biopsies.  We got out of the ER by 11pm,  came home and quickly packed and were on the road by midnight.  We switched out drivers two times, other than we tried keeping the car between the two lines and our eyes opened. We made it there at 8:30 in the morning. The scopes and biopsies looked alright, but with the symptoms they wanted me there a few more days.  We weren't planning on being there that long, but better than turning around and driving right back.  They did more biopsies and scopes and blood work. They also gave me mega doses of steroids through an IV  a few days and increased my oral steroids.  We don't know what is going on, but I did have a partial bowel obstruction along with the intestines pushing on the inner abdominal wall.  We got home Thursday evening. Glad to be home. Just being extra careful on what I eat right now. 

Thank you for all your prayers, support, cards, text, and emails! Also thank you for the donations you make to my funding page at National Foundation for Transplants. We still pay out of pocket expense for the hotel, gas, eats, medications, .....  What a blessing you all have been to me in whatever way you support me. A huge THANK YOU from my heart!

Love-
Jamie




An EXCITED 16 year old



No comments: