Friday, September 29, 2017

It's been way too long!!


Wow!  Summer has flown bye! Lots has happened since my last post in June. Not sure where to begin with this?! We'll start off with the kids.  They all went to church camp this summer.  It was the first time to have all 3 of them go to camp.  It was quiet around the house and very different with them not here. Kelsey is enjoying driving. She helps clean at the shop for Shane, Kailey babysits, and Matthew is mowing and cleaning.  I think that we are nearing the end of mowing season though. They are doing their schooling and trying to stay ahead of schedule a bit.  

In August Shane had the opportunity to do a ceramic coating on 2 of his uncle's vehicles in Alabama. We decided to make it a family trip. We visited with the family and his aunts and uncles while there.  Also was able to do some site seeing. We went to the Helen Keller museum which was very interesting.  Went to the University of Alabama and got to see Leo and Una. They are some massive animals! They didn't do much, but lie around.  It was pretty hot. We went to one area and walked a lil downtown. One evening we watched a water show, where the water fountain lite up and danced to the music.  That was neat.  Before it started we were able to get some pictures all together as a family.  Glad we were able to make the trip as a family and it not be one to Cleveland.   

I was asked to share my story with a group of people at OSF Hospital in Peoria.  It was very moving to hear the donor's story and then also one recipient besides myself.  There was about 100 people there that day.  Yes, you can say I was a bit nervous, but I'm thankful to share my story and give God the Glory for all He has done.  Grateful for the team of doctors he has placed in my life. 

Talking about Cleveland, I am getting ready to face another surgery here soon.  On October 10, they are going to go in and revise the stoma and do a surgery on my stomach. Not sure how long we'll be out there.  Just praying that all goes well and there's no complications or setbacks. Yes, even though this is another big surgery for me, I can't complain.  God has been do good to me and I feel so blessed. I'm so thankful to you for all your love, prayers, and support! 
Me speaking 
Una 
Leo



No comments: