Thursday, January 11, 2018

Happy 2018


Here we are in 2018 already! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and praying  that 2018 will be a great year! There's much to be thankful for already starting the New Year off.  I woke up January 1with a fever, sore throat, body aches, and a major headache.  I was miserable and by the time Shane came home from the shop, he made a call to Cleveland Clinic.  They wanted me checked out by a doctor at the ER, so I got myself ready and we went.  We were there about 6 hours. There was labs drawn, an influenza test, IV fluids, and a bag of antibiotics. The instructions were for me to call my doctor in the next morning and schedule an appointment with him in the afternoon.  I ended up seeing him in the afternoon and had another nose swab for the influenza.  It came back negative, but he said you can still have it even though the test is negative.  With all my symptoms and the way I was feeling, I was admitted to the hospital to keep an eye on things. Thankfully I as able to go home within 2 days.  I'm feeling lots better,  still just trying to get my energy back.  I was praying that no one else in my family would get it, and thank the Lord for his protection, they did not get it. 

The kids had a fun time enjoying the snow.  They have gone sledding, shoveled at our house and the neighbors, made forts and had snow ball fights.  They have even enjoyed having a bowl of homemade snow cream. Right now the snow has melted quite a bit, but today the temperature has dropped and Mr. Winter has come again.  I did enjoy the warmth while it was here though.  

School has begun again for the kids.  That means back to routine again, but it's coming along.  I was ready to get back into routine, just not sure if they were;). We've set some goals for this year and it's fun to see us all working toward them, whether it's reading the Bible through, praying more, studying harder, and the list goes on.  Our Pastor has a quote he shares"the biggest room we live in is the room for improvement".

Shane's keeping busy with the shop. God is so good and has blessed us.  For the month of January, he's running a Wash and Wax special for $50.00.  That includes a hand wash, dry, vacuume, glass cleaned, tires cleaned and dressed, and a coat of wax.  A great deal!   Just wanted to throw it out there in case someone wants to take advantage of this special.  

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. Thanks for the love and prayers.  

Love, 
Jamie




No comments: