Thursday, March 22, 2012

Appointment update

         I'm sure some have you are wondering if I'm ever gonna update this.  The answer~YES!:)    We have been busy and I've been waiting for some Doctor's to call back.

My appointment on Monday with the Rheumotologist was uneventful.  She felt a few spots and said that I had Fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis in both hips.  She offered me a cortisone shot in the hips, but I'm going to wait a month before doing that.  We are not treating the fibromyalgia at this time.  I did notice that a good night's rest made a difference in the pain of the muscles that she had pushed around on.  The bones still ache but praying with the supplement of the vitamin D that will help.  So I am to follow up with her in a month or so.

Had the appointment with the Ortho Dr for the knee.  No change there.  I did have a few good days with the cortisone shot but that was it.  He told me that gave him a lot of info right there.  He feels that the pain is caused by something structural in the knee and needs to be scoped.  He gave me the option of doing it now, or waiting a month or so.  It's a 50/50 chance either way.  He just said he hates to see me wait and endure the pain when he's hoping the scope will help eliminate the pain.  I am waiting to hear back from them fora date,  but I'd like to see if it could be done the second week of April or so.  We'll see.

We have had some wonderful services in church lately and the Lord has moved in a marvelous way.  I can't wait to see all that HE has in store for us! So thankful for the power of prayer.  I hunger for more of Him.  To know Him more and desire to read His Word more, seeking His will and not my own.  So glad that my life is in my Creator's hands.  The One who knows me, cares for me, and loves me just as I am.

Sorry it's a quick update, but it's getting late.

No comments: