Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day and 2 Follow Up DR. Appt.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!  :)  God has blessed me with my high school sweetheart  and this month we celebrated  20 years of being "boyfriend and girlfriend".  I sorta feel "old" saying that!  I count it an honor to be married to my wonderful, awesome, and World's  Greatest Husband and Best Friend! :)    

Tonight I was priveleged to make supper for my family.  I set the table all up for Valentine's Day making it special and pretty.  I used my Great Grandmother's china!  We only use it for special occasions.  I made Steak and then used a Chinese stirfry and added it with the Steak.  I also had Spring egg rolls and wontons.  Shane and the Kids enjoyed it.  To top it all off, I had a super duper friend who made apple crisp for dessert with ice cream and caramel syrup drizzled over it all.   Just the smell alone was YUMMY!   I asked to have the honor in prayer tonight and with tears in my eyes thanked God for the beautiful family he has graciously blessed me with.  I was able to have a bit of broth from some wonton soup from a Chinese Restaurant uptown here.  I also had an Italian ice while they had their dessert.:) What a wonderful time together we had.  Thank you Lord for all your blessings upon our family!!   

Dr appt's this week-  I had one with the Moline surgeon that put my Hickman line in last week.  It was a follow up to make sure all is well- which yes they are!:)  Yeah!  I go back in 5 weeks to get the stitches out.  Thankful all looks good though!  Today I had an appt with the blood Dr. to follow up with the bone marrow biopsy.  It didn't show anything serious, but did show that my bone marrow is scattered and having a hard time trying to stay produced.  He said for now that we will keep an  eye on some extra special blood work and then follow up in 5 weeks.  Also if it shows that it is low then he can do a procrit shot I believe is what it is called.  He also said for now that the anemia is caused by chronic condition.  Basically from the gastroparesis.    Thank you for all your prayers and thankful that it's nothing serious.   Thank You Lord!:)

We have our Valentine's banquet for church Saturday and my in home care nurse coming to the house too.  Wishing all of you a wonderful weekend!  Thanks for your encouraging emails,cards, and most of all prayers!

Love-Jamie 

No comments: