Monday, June 17, 2013

Beyond 100 Post

I am a bit behind on my updates.  I did get to come home Saturday evening. :)  I was able to get a double lumen power PICC line inserted in my upper arm.  It beats having to have an IV stick.  My poor arms are still sporting the bruises and holes from being poked.  I am already missing my central line.  I am grateful to be able to have the PICC in, but it is sore.

It is so good to be home!!!  To be able to get snuggles anytime, to hear the kids laughing, giggling, and arguing (oh wait, not my kids-lol). To enjoy sitting in the recliner in the living room and hear the birds singing away, the cars zooming along, the little fan in our room softly humming.  To have my honey right next to me in bed and to get a goodnight kiss before falling asleep.  Not being woke to my vitals being checked, the leg pumps beeping, the IV sounding it's alarm due to air in the line, empty IV bag, or an occlusion in the line.   It's nice when the time is needed and your sick to be taken care of...but boy does it feel WONDERFUL to be home!!

The staff was all so caring during my stay.  You can tell they really do care and enjoy what they do, it shows.  I am so glad God places special people like that in your life.  I have so much to be thankful for and so glad that this is once again behind me.  Thanking God  for His hand upon me and for bringing me through.  Enjoying being in my home sweet home between bloodwork and Dr's appointments and getting ready to go to Cleveland next Wednesday.

Thank you for all your prayers!
Love-Jamie

No comments: