Tuesday, June 4, 2013

On the Home Front

I have arrived back home and I'm in my sweet bed.:)  Ahhh, there is no place like your own bed.  I am fueled up with 4 pints of blood.  Watch out, cuz here I come!  Oh, how I wish it were all that easy.  :)

I was admitted as observation/outpatient to get the 4 units.  I was able to have a room with a view of the river and watch the sun go down.  BEAUTIFUL!!  THANK YOU, LORD!!  I think around 9 last night was the start of the first unit and around 1 this afternoon I was ending my last unit.  In between each unit they gave me lasix to help with the fluid control.  I should sleep like a baby tonight since they had to do vitals every 15 minutes for the first hour of each unit I received then every hour till the bag was gone, then get lasix, and begin the process over.:)   I had benadryl, solu medrol, and tylenol for premeds before getting the blood, since I have reacted to getting blood in the past.  I also had phenergan IV for the nausea.  Between those meds that was enough to knock me out for the night, but with all the action I had to catch winks when I could.  I napped off and on today and now just about ready to go to bed.

I have to get labs done sometime tomorrow and then on Thursday follow up with the Nurse Practitioner for the Hemotologist. Still a busy week ahead....all the more reason to get some good rest TODAY!!

So greatful that I serve a Prayer Answering God!  There is nothing that is too big for HIM!  Thank you for your prayers, love, and emails!:)

Luv ya-

Jamie
++++



















































No comments: