Saturday, July 20, 2013

An awaited update:)

It's been a crazy busy summer to say the least!! SLOW DOWN SUMMER!  School supplies are on the shelves and ready to go...but they can wait a bit longer please-I'm not ready to end our Summer. There is still a trip to Texas before school starts and some things to do with the kiddos.  Time seems to just be flying by a bit too quick!  We're sure having fun though!:)

The hickman line is in place and healing well.:)  It was a rough day! The first plan was set and ready and when the surgeon came in and discovered that the PICC had been changed.  It was in the left arm instead of right-His plan was to place the hickman on the left to give the right side a break after having it removed from there.  Since we were using the PICC for the IV meds to help knock me out for the surgery we had to do an IV in my hand.  The nurse got it in and another plan changed-instead of knocking me out completely it was decided to use partial sedation to where I would not be completely awake.  I was a bit hesitant just due to times past waking up through the procedures. Well...I was taken back to surgery, remember getting the meds and was told I was in a good sleep.  At some point I started hitting with my hand that had the IV in it and when they got my hand the IV got messed up.  I don't remember that-I do vividly recall awakening to pain on my left chest where the Dr was working and countless pokes and sticks for the IV.  NOT FUN!  I had a sweet nurse at my head, wiping my tears that were streaming down my face, trying to keep me calm as I could feel the Dr stitching me.  They were not able to give me any meds due to no IV.  They had tried 4-5 attempts and my veins were not cooperating so..no IV was placed.   I was just happy to come home and crawl in my bed and try to sleep off the pain and be LEFT ALONE.:)   It wasn't anyone's fault, but I think it's just best to be all the way out from now on.  I have alot of allergies to meds and don't want any more.  Thankful that God's hand was on me thru the surgery and all is good and well with the line.:)

I had an appointment with the hematologist yesterday.  I have a low hemaglobin so I recieved 2 units of blood after my appointment.  The plan is to get iron infusions for the next 2 weeks and see her in 4 weeks.  If  the levels are not where she would like them, we'll discuss doing another bone marrow biopsy again.  

Trying to stay cool in this heat.   I love the heat but my body doesn't handle it too well.  With Shane doing car detailing I've been trying to keep the house stocked with powerade and gatorade to drink.  The kids haven't been out too long with as hot as it's been.  They did make it to the library for the Summer Reading Program activites.  The helicopter came in last Friday and they loved watching it come in and leave.  We've enjoyed and are thankful for the programs they offer the kids.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!  I can't express my gratitude for all your prayers!  Thank you!

Love-
Jamie










No comments: