Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Few More Things...

I feel like a whirlwind has come through, but so thankful God is my Comfort and Peace in the storm.  I received a phone call from Chicago saying they received a letter from the Rheumatologist and that the report shows that my hips are not in good shape.  I have had pain for the past few years and it has worsened the past 6 months. It is from the malnutrition.  They are concerned that it will break just by walking and requested I see an Orthopedic doc ASAP.  They had me cancel out the knee surgery and focus on the hips.  They want me to have hip replacements to both hips. Both before they break and I fall or before they get worse. I have an appt on Mon.  

Since Monday evening I have had a low grade temp and tenderness around my port site that has gotten worse since last week.  My In Home Care Nurse suggested I see the surgeon regarding it to make sure I don't have an infection.  Went today to see him and not sure if it's a low grade port infection.  I'm on Bactrim right now and if things get worse then get in touch with him, otherwise call him Thurs. and give an update.  So glad I wasn't admitted.  I thought I'd better pack my bags just in case.  I always have a suitcase ready to go just in case I ever get admitted I have everything all together.

     My inlaws are here from Texas visiting us ( I mean the kids). :)  It has been a fun time.  It will be sad to see them go.  Feels like they just arrived. Got a big day planned tomorrow.

Praying I get a good nite sleep.  God has been so good to me and to my family.  I am so blessed!!  Don't want to fail to give Him THANKS for all He has done and is going to do!

No comments: