Friday, September 28, 2012

Home and recoperating

On Thursday, we woke up bright and early at 4:30 in the morning to get ready.  We were out the door by 5 am and arrived by 6 at the outpatient unit.  Everyone was wonderful in the Outpatient Unit and in Surgery.

They took me back to start the surgery and whatever the anesthesiologist put into my IV made me fall asleep quickly.  I  do remember thinking, man I sure hope I can make it from the cart to the OR table without falling asleep.  I did make it there awake, but was out after that.  They had a hard time getting me to a deep sleep though due to my allergies.

Then the programmer for the gastric pacemaker was not working properly for them.  After that things kept snowballing for them.  I think I was in there close to 2 1/2  hours.  My poor doctor and the OR Staff.   Unfortunately, I have a record for things not going smooth for me in surgery.  Thankfully, the Lord has His wonderful Hand upon me and I am recovering.

In a lot of pain, but to be expected for a while with all that I went through.   I have an In Home Care nurse coming sometime today to change the bandages and then I have a follow up on Thursday just to make sure all is well before going to Cleveland.

Thank you for all your prayers!  Thank you Lord for bringing me through another surgery and guiding the doctor's hands!:)

No comments: