Sunday, December 16, 2012

This and That :)

I am sorry for not updating the blog earlier, for those of you who have been waiting.

On Wednesday, I went and had my tubes both changed out.  The balloon that held them both in place was completely black on both of the tubes. YUCK!!  The doctor wants to start changing them both out every 4 months and scheduled it for April. :) Hopefully that will help keep away any surprise tubes coming out too!  While he was in there he noticed I had severe gastritis.  Just another bump in the road.

I got home that night and ran a fever no sooner than I got into my bed.  It was up to 101.7.  I took some meds immediately having been down this road with the first tube changes back in May.  I rested and continued to take meds and by 4 pm I called the office and the doctor wanted to put me on an antibiotic for 3 days with the bacteria that can be stirred around in doing all he did.  I am fever free and just a tad bit sore at times, but doing well with the new tubes, for the most part.:)

On Thursday, I went to the Hematologist and he said my blood work is still low and he thought by now I would be much higher and in the range it should be.  He said one infusion of iron is like having 5 units of packed red blood cells.  We are going to see how my body responds in 3 weeks do another blood test, rest another 3 weeks and do some other blood work, then see him again to discuss it all.  He still isn't sure on it all and said he may end up possibly having to do a bone marrow biopsy to check things out.

Some very exciting news- I am 111 lbs!!!  YEAH!  And since I'm still unable to tolerate anything by mouth, TPN has made the difference!.  THANK YOU, LORD!!!:)

On Thursday evening, we went to Dixon to watch the United States Air Force Band.  I really wanted to go and knew it would tire me but I wanted to do something as a family and so we went and sat up in the balcony and enjoyed hearing them perform.  WOW!  If you ever get the chance to go to one, it is one amazing and touching concert!  They did Christmas songs for the night.  It was a free concert and I thought the place would be packed but it wasn't , sad not many our age were there, but it was a lot of the "older" crowd.  It was so fun for the kid also!  I enjoyed watching their faces as they watched some of them play their instruments.  It felt good to do something as a family before Christmas.  Watch out...we might come sing at your door step:)

I have done a little Christmas shopping.  Not stressing out over things like getting the best bargain.  SIMPLE-that is me.  I am enjoying being together and watching the kids enjoy the joys of Christmas.  The true meaning of it all.  They are looking forward to Christmas break and we are trying to get our plans for our trip to Cleveland

Good Night:)  Love-Jamie

No comments: