Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bone Marrow Biopsy


Today I had the bone marrow biopsy. Everyone there was so friendly and nice. The Nurse Practioner who did it and the nurse were wonderful. I am hurting so I 'll keep this short. They did the biopsy in my left iliac crest. I was given some versed and they had me put 2 ultram thru my j-tube. I was awake for the procedure and able to let her know that I could feel her going in and hitting bone. She numbed me some more and was able to get the samples she needed. She kept saying just let me know if you feel it and I'll numb you more. Just didn't think that I would hurt this much after the procedure. Things could be worse, so I don't want to complain. I made it home and have been able to rest some on the right hip. I don't think I'd better do my 5 mile run in the morning like usual. (Just kidding:) Sometimes you have those moments that you just have to smile to keep from crying.:)
When I got there I had to have a CBC, and my Hemaglobin was 7.9. It doesn't surprise me considering the way I have been feeling and my heart has been racing. They have me getting 2 units of blood in the am as an outpatient. Guess you never know, maybe I'll feel like running out of the hospital afterwards:)
Matthew is starting to cough more but it is not as harsh and barky. Thank you so much for the prayers for our family. God is so good! Love-Jamie

No comments: