Monday, May 20, 2013

Long awaited update


Thank you for being patient. I had planned on updating the blog Thursday after my appointment and every time I've gone to start typing I start falling asleep. I am wide awake right now, but won't take much and I'll be out. My hematologist is retiring so I met the new Dr. taking his place. She seems really good and very thorough. She called and talked with my GI Dr. in Cleveland and they both agree that on my visit there at the end of June to see him, I should see a hematologist there as well. Not sure where it will be done, but she would also like for me to have another bone marrow biopsy done. YIKES!! Those hurt and are painful for a good week.:( We do need to find out why I am so low on some of my levels though. I had blood work done today and it was a whopping 6.0. HUMMM- could be the reason I have alot of shortness of breath and dizziness and the list goes on. Thankful that alot of my labs were done today without my having to come back and be redrawn. I was in the ambulatory care unit and got sent down to the second floor to finish the first bag, got Lasix IV, and get my second unit of blood, then let the normal saline run about 45 minutes then HOME!:) I have to get another CBC on Wednesday and see the hematologist again in her office on Thursday. I was supposed to see her on June 6, but she emailed the nurse and moved it up and decided to see me this Thursday again.


Praying for all those who are affected by the tornadoes. May God keep us safe thru this night.



I am still here getting the blood and looks like I will be discharged around 11:30 or so tonight.

I got up to use the restroom and the lights flickered for a moment. I was walking back to the bed and heard the person next door say, oh man, my cable on the TV went out. It was so peaceful and quiet in the hallways. Ahh! It was so calm and quiet for about 10 minutes then back to the chaos of a few TV's going. It's pouring down rain. That can stop any time now so we don't wake up to any water in the basement. Quick update and I'll try to update Thursday night or so. Better shut this down cuz the power is flickering again. Sweet dreams everyone!

Love-
Jamie

No comments: