Friday, May 24, 2013

Post Number 90 and Out of ICU

I got out of ICU!!! Sorry girls... you are awesome nurses, but there is a little more quietness on the regular floors AND I can see my precious kiddos:) My hemaglobin was 11 something at 9 last night and by 5:30 this morning it was 9 something. Not surprising to me. I walked from ICU to my room. Room 414 is my lodging place at this point in time. I put a request in for a NEW room. You see, the NEW rooms have showers with a bench in the bathroom and the old rooms have a sink and toilet. I have had enough of my share of spit baths:)!! There's just something relaxing about being able to take a shower and have some normalcy to life. :) I have taken a couple naps today.:) I had occupational therapy and physical therapy come and evaluate me. Passed the OT but needed help with some strengthening in PT. They showed me a few exercises to do in the room and walked with me in the hallway.



Shane brought the kids up to see me. Matthew was all excited about his field trip-bowling and getting a strike. Kailey brought a folder she made of memories throughout the school year. Kelsey told me about her day -babysitting with Aunt Chelle. It was fun, hearing about their day and getting hugs and kisses from them. I took a little snooze while they were here and Kelsey was sitting on my bed and held my hand. Precious Memories for this Mama to hold too!



The Infectious Disease Dr. came in this afternoon and said the cultures are coming back clear. If the final report comes back negative tomorrow, he will take me off the 2 IV antibiotics.:) One step closer to HOME. Not sure when I will get to go, but I'm ready. I'm not sure when the plan of discharge will be, but it would be nice to be home for Memorial Day. Guess we'll have to see what tomorrow holds:).



I called and cancelled my appointment with the hematologist yesterday. Today I called and asked about setting up another appointment. She will be out of the office next week, but they want me to see the Nurse Practioner and do blood work on Tuesday or Wednesday.



I am so greatful for God protecting me. HE is so good and I am VERY thankful that this was not a line infection. Thank you for all your prayers, love, and emails!:)

Luv Ya and will try to post an update sometime tomorrow.:)

No comments: