Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Half Way Home

We left Cleveland mid-morning to start back home.  We had already made reservations and knew we were only going half way today though.  That was long enough for me.  I am having quite a bit of pain, even with meds to help.  Every bump on the road, I think I felt. :(  Shane was so careful and even would warn me that one was coming.  It's not like he couldn't have kept going lane to lane bouncing back and forth-even if there was a car next to to us. :) Just teasing ;)

We stopped in Sturgis, Michigan for the night so I could rest.  We were able to check in early, so Shane took some work down to the lobby and let me rest in the room for a while because last night was very rough.  As soon as I would lay back, I have a lot more pain and some pressure where they worked.  So I was grateful to be able to rest some.  He turned Pandora on to help with the noise of the housekeepers that were still trying to finish up some rooms.  I had drifted off and on several times and got into a really good sleep and housekeeping came in and scared me to death.  Thankfully I was able to get back to sleep  and got some much needed rest.

Afterwards, we went to an Amish community called Shipshiwana, IN and ate at a restaurant called the Blue Gate.  They serve sides of real mashed taters:)  YUM!   The town is getting ready for Christmas and they had the place all decorated and it was so pretty.  Even had soft instrumental Christmas music playing in the background.  So much to take in!  Also was neat when Shane picked me up at the door to hear the sound of the horses clomping.  I can't wait to go back when I'm feeling more up to it.  But it was a special treat:)  Thank you, honey!!!

Getting ready to turn in for the night.  Thank you once again for all your prayers, love, and support.  Most of all, I am thankful for God's faithfulness.  I am so blessed!

Love~Jamie

No comments: