Saturday, October 20, 2012

Behind on posting:)

Thank you for all of you who have waited so patiently for me to post and for those who have emailed checking on things.  I have had a bit of a rough week, but things could be much worse.  Praise the Lord they are not!! :)

I am having some issues with my line, but hopefully here in the next few days they it will be much better.  I have been to the ER last Saturday nite and then again on Wednesday evening.  Before long, they are going to start thinking that I'm trying to take up residence there! :/ Yikes!  Not good, cuz I'm not.  

I am taking it easy because it seems like for right now with my body that I take 1 step forward and 20 steps back.  I get tuckered out and for the most part taking 2 naps a day.  I better be careful or Shane will be putting me in the nursing home. ;) At least I'm not in bed 24/7.  

I did begin my new TPN and it is going well, I think.  I began Sunday and with the way I have felt this week I can't tell a difference, but I have gained some weight!! YEA!!!  I am down from 20 hours a day to 16 hours.  That  has already made a difference in me not having to lug the backpack around:)!  It can be a bit heavy carrying at the beginning of the first several hours of the infusion.  I was incorrect about the color.  The TPN is not a Mountain Dew color, but it is clear like a bag of IV fluids.  Even though I add my vitamins to it, there is not enough there to change it to that yellow color.  Sorry to disappoint you:) Ha!  I do the white bag of lipids along with the bag of TPN once a week.  To anyone who would like, you are more than welcome to carry the bag for me that day.  I had to drag it to the restroom the first time I got up because it was too heavy to carry.  Where there is a will there is a way.  I do have a new backpack to use on that day so it can hold both bags of fluids and 2 pumps also, and maybe a Jolly Rancher or two:).

Kailey celebrated her 9th birthday this week!  Last year around this time I was sick with staph and sepsis and had just came home from the hospital a day before her birthday, so we didn't do a party.  This year I tried to make a bit special for her.  I think she had a great day!  With her money she got, she is going to get a bigger bicycle.  My oh my!  I am so thankful for each of our children that we have been blessed with.  Kailey has so many times brought such joy to our home.  I love watching and hearing her get tickled over the little things.  She wants 100 cats when she grows up.  I'm praying that changes (quickly)!! :)  My prayer is for her to continually seek the will of God for her life.  To have a servant's heart and to love God and Truth all the days of her life.

I had the enjoyment with some help making one of my favorite things!!  I made caramel apples!  I made 9 pounds!  I did some that were apple pie flavor, some dipped in white chocolate and drizzled in milk chocolate and semi sweet and some in milk chocolate then in white chocolate and semi sweet.  Also did some dipped in Heath bar. When I make them, I even make my caramel homemade:).  What a pleasure it is for me to at least make them for others and know that they are enjoying them!  Somebody might as well, right?!  

Living and loving life:)  I like this saying~The smile on my face doesn't mean my life is perfect.  It means I appreciate what I have and what God has blessed me with.  Love-Jamie

No comments: